People I know

Monday, June 05, 2006

Palavesam:Reply to priya's tag

World is wide open. Options are infinite. Once I get that boon as mentioned by priya, I will ask god to give me ability to change sex that suits my profession. Some of my role models, may be majority of my role models are women. Anyways let me list out very few of the people who impresed me. These are someone's at top of my head.

Gundu Alamelu:
She is one of the sugavasi I know from my very tender age. She worked as a cook in our grand father days (I was not born then), My mother said she was a very good cook but she would eat majority of her cookings by herself. She was later fired as she was caught red handed stealing some jwellery. The reason I like her was she was gifted with a "karunakku". If she curses someone that would always come true. Once she was sent out of the job, she stopped working. She would visit one of the houses she wokred before and would ask for food. Food must be tasty and variety of dishes must be served. Beleive me fearing her curses she was always given nice food. When she was enjoying very hot just-prepared food, I was eating "pazhayathu". I woulf love to live as gunda alamelu for few years.

Ocha samsaram jakkama:
Ocha was our area "kalla saraya" trader. I had never seen him sober, always "total mattai". His wife jakkama was my favourite personality. She is very tall and sema "kattai", with low hip kandangi selai and big bullakku, lollaku etc. Her "pachai kuthu" is very glamorous. Still the reason I liked her was she was the one who really ran the business. SSeeing so many constables "pummify" at her feet is a scene to be enjoyed. All these things happened in front of our eyes. Beleive me, the system was so transperant. I always wished to be a powerful woman like her. God please give me couple of years as jakkama.

Pimp:
I don't know why people want to be good. I find life is interesting when one does shady things. I cannot imagine an interesting life without dons, prostitutes, etc. The reason I want to be a pimp is we can get to know very interesting persons. "Sir, naan periya doctor, so actress kettadhu velila theriyama pathukanga" kida stuff, I enjoy really. Still I know I can never reach such a big position in any profession. I will aim for a pimp position in and around bus stand railway staion etc. It will be big fun to apprach some 16-18 year village boy "thambi valiba vayasu, jollya irukanum,,pakkathila college kuttinga iruku..easy thaan vanga" kinda stuff. I will prefer to be 60+ when I am doing this stuff. Playing hide and seek with strict officers, helping maamool officers, lots of happenings to enjoy as small scale pimp, aint it. Who knows I may hit a bounty if I catch some officer doing in a camera? kaduvul kanna thiraka mattara?

Begger:
Since finacial stability is assures, man I would love to be a begger. Guess will prefer Railway station or bus stand. I can get to see variety of people and can enjoy lotta antics. I love such places where I watch people unnoticed. pick pocketors, misbehaviors, saamiyars, politicians appa so many people. Simply my vote for best profession.

Bar tender:
God only knows how much I like this job. I will do bar tending at star hotels (leather bar kinda) to serve drinking ladies. They are one my best beloved characters. Drinking college gal, who goes around shouting filthy words assuming she knows it all, I love to interact with visiting actress, lady offials, politicans, who after getting high probably might share their "andharangam", who knows I can end up as pimp (ore kallula rendu maanga), what about becoming gigalo - me thinking. AlsoI want to bar tend at local tasmac. There was a "malivu vilai madhu kadai" during MK's rule near our house. Man I enjoyed lotta funny things then. Would love to have it again working there.

Bus conductor:
Ok, let me get decent and forget my "English August" face for a while. Bus conductor is the best decent job I can think of. We can fight with unknowns over 50 paisa, 60 paisa daily. If you watch a bus conductor closely all of them will look same, they will seriously discuss their 50 kasu, 60 kassu squabbles with everyone they know during their leisure hours. On duty or off duty guess "paisas" looms large in their thoughts and dreams. However they are most efficient multitaskers. I love them because even under tremendous stress they wont lose their sense of humour , some of the best jokes I know are craked by them enachanting peak hours bus passengers.

I am sure everyone will love to be driver of UK (our campus) bus. All my life I envy them. Their job involves just a jolly ride around campus for every 20 mins, honking at known faces, happily discussing ball games etc. Job satisfaction guranteed.

Lavukka bittu, jaavuttu bittu ammani:
Stree vendors who sell jacket bits, aluminium, copper vessels for pazhaya thuni mani are my very facvourite professionals. They always carry their pride as "vyabari". They will get to see well to do ladies going "kanjaam patti" when it comes to trading with them. They are very poor hard workers serving some of the affluent people of our society. Atleast pathiram vendor wears kaili, while "javutu bit" wears only white and white fwhen they appear in public. It is a big task to maintain it clean as they might not prefer washing it often for the fear of wer and tear. But the reason I like them is their skilled way of talking to ladies. They way of addressing "Ammani, ammani" and showing enormous patience dealing with cheap minded ladies are very admirable. Guess he sees any dress worn by his customer as his future wealth.

Ellam naane:
I can keep on going. I take no pride or happiness in whatever occupation I do. I landed up doing something by mere accident. I not all that "enthu" type to answer such tag. I always feel world is incomplete without any of these things that exists. Everyone does lord Shiva's job. Or god does every job (both good and bad), by taking several roles. "Palavesam" is one of the names of villagers few years ago. Every vesam is his vesam, I liked that name for the philosophy it carries. That is exactly why he is called "pithan". To stress he is everything he came down as a "lazy youth" and got whipped by pandya king. When someone is whipped the pain goes down to every one. Think about it, you will get to know.

4 Comments:

  • Dei la..unaku joke adika varathunu talent killa panna pathane da oruthan..polakara da.

    By Blogger P B, at 11:22 PM  

  • ippo ennamo sappidaadha maadhiri, "gundu alamelu" va maari dhaan saapdanuma?! :) Camping trip la naalu velai samaikka poravar dhaane neenga? Lexington makkal ellam kadharuvaanga man!

    By Blogger The Doodler, at 6:28 AM  

  • worst pb,

    beggingaa???? really worst..once in 20 sec you have to shout " amma pichai podunga thaayee.. neenga nalla irukanum etc"..paravaillayaa??

    By Blogger Maayaa, at 10:47 AM  

  • ithula irukira hidden message kandupidinga Ethenum iruntha?

    By Blogger P B, at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home