People I know

Monday, June 20, 2005

Tokyo dialogues

Sugiyama San, 56, my manager and I are good friends. Once we were talking about our bosses

Sugiyama San: Mutu our team reports to two bosses. Okada San and Takada San.

Muthu: Sugiyama san, as I know all japnese name have a meaning. Am I right?

Sugiyama San: Yes, they do

Muthu: What do Okada and Takada Mean?

Sugiyama San: They mean rice grown in high mountains and at plains.
(Not sure about exactly what sugiyama san told me, something very similar to the above)

Muthu: Sugiyama san, then who is more powerful of the two?

Sugiyama San: (paused for a while) both are powerful and whoever yields higher harvest is more powerful!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once I was traveling to a place to Shinjuku in Tokyo by electric train. I was told by my co-passenger who I acquainted (Rail sneham), told me “Be careful, “Shin-ju-ku” is a dangerous place, five years back there was a murder. very dangerous place!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, a co-passenger in electric train made a comment like this. “Oh, You from India! We like Indian movies. Indian actresses are very beautiful “. Paused a second and said “They have big breasts”. Certain tastes of men and women are universal. Aren’t they?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once I was traveling to Singapore from Tokyo, for visa stamping. I was conversing to a co-passenger.
Muthu: Japnese are very hard working and disciplined. I can see how you people became a developed nation.

Passenger: Not any more, younger generation is not that disciplined. I am worried about the country’s future. BTW, are you married or single?

Muthu: I am single. Since you asked about marriages, can you tell me marriage system in Japan. Once I have read in some magazines, that Japanese, nowadays, don’t prefer family life. They just live together and avoid raising family. Is that true?

Passenger: Quite true. I am having hard time to make my son realize the importance of family. He just lives with different girls and not willing to get married.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: More dialogues might follow. Not necessarily that took place in Tokyo.

5 Comments:

  • Cool.
    -vv

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 PM  

  • அன்புள்ள முத்துகுமார் அவர்களுக்கு,

    'ஏ'டாகூட ஜோக் அருமை.......

    இயல்பாகவே 'காமெடி' பண்ணும் உங்களுக்கு என் வந்தனங்கள்......

    என்றும் அன்புடன்,
    ரங்கநாதன்

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 PM  

  • Ranganathan,
    Thanks for your comment. Please keep visiting.

    -PB

    By Blogger P B, at 7:45 AM  

  • அடேங்கப்பா !!

    By Blogger Adaengappa !!, at 10:52 PM  

  • hi PB

    thanks for dropping by my blog.
    Tokyo dialogues arumai.
    keep writing on these lines every now and then.

    By Blogger expertdabbler, at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home